Recent TweetsTweets by @mikedevries_art
Voting time has arrived! I am extremely excited and honored to be a part of the second annual Rockstar Inked Up World Tour alongside 11 other very talented tattoo artists! Please take a moment to click this link www.InkedUpWorldTour.com and cast your vote for your favorite can art. All you have to do is click on the art you want to vote for, enter your email address, and click "Vote for this Artist."Here's a picture of my art laid out on a Rockstar can! I’ve got some stiff competition, so I definitely need your help and it only takes a second to vote!Win or lose, as a thank you to the people that vote for me, I'll be giving away a free tattoo to one lucky voter at the end of the competition! The winner will be picked at random from the list of voters I'll recieve from Rockstar towards the end of October. You have the option of voting more than once! Everyday you can vote again which will give you a better chance at winning a free tattoo by me! The lucky winner of the free tattoo will have to arrange their own travel and hotel accommodations.The winner will receive a free tattoo that can be completed start to finish in one day (approximately 5-6 hours of tattoo time). If you’re under the age of 18 and you win, you will receive one of my original 16"x20" oil paintings including a custom frame.I’m really looking forward to my tour stop in Calgary Canada in October!Thanks so much for reading and an even bigger THANK YOU for voting for me!
The Coloring Book Project, 2nd Edition is here! Memento would like to give a big thank you to everyone for all of the overwhelming support. You guys rock!
Memento and I would like to show you all a token of our appreciation. Since the last contest was such a success, we’re bringing it back! Memento presents to you The Coloring Book Project, 2nd Edition Contest: Round 2.
The rules are simple, but the rewards are huge. Its time to get out your art supplies because you’ve got a contest to win!
Top prize is a tattoo from ME! All you need to do is purchase a copy of The Coloring Book Project, 2nd Edition (you already did that though, right?), find your favorite page inside, go to town coloring and beautifying that design into something imaginative and magnificent, and enter your finished colored page in the contest.
Please note: Some of the rules have changed from last time, so please read carefully!
1st Place/Grand Prize:
The first place winner receives a tattoo by Mike DeVries, paid for by Memento Publishing and Stencil Stuff products!
- The tattoo must be a piece that can be completed in one day with approximately six hours of tattoo time.
- The tattoo session will be held at MD Tattoo Studios just outside of Los Angeles, California.
- All travel and transportation costs associated with the Grand Prize will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
2nd Place/Runner Up:
The second place winner will receive a framed original painting by Brett Herman, Tattoo Artist and curator of "The Coloring Book Project."
The third place winner will receive a one of a kind enhanced signed print of The Coloring Book, 2nd Edition "Cover Art" by tattoo artist Katelyn Crane.
The fourth place winner will receive a copy of each book in the Memento Publishing Library including:
- Zombie Caricatures: Exaggerations and Infections
- Animal Ink
- Cranial Visions
- Tattoo Prodigies
- With the Light of Truth
- The Coloring Book Project's "First and Second Edition"
- Tattoo Extremities
- Eight Arms of Inspiration
*If the winner is under the legal age to get tattooed (18 years old in the US) they will receive a framed 16" x 20" original oil painting by Mike DeVries!
RULES & SUBMISSION
- Be sure that you follow the rules, so you are not disqualified. Be aware some rules have changed since the first contest.
- Get creative!
- Use crayons, colored pencils, markers, pens, graphite, paint, etc., to color a page from The Coloring Book Project book, 2nd Edition.
- You must upload a clear photograph or scan of the page you are submitting for the contest and email it to: email@example.com
- When you email the photo or scan of the artwork, you MUST include your name, age, and contact information. Also, please provide us with the page number and which artist's work you chose to color if we cannot see that info on the photo/scan.
- We will be sharing your entries on our social media channels as part of our voting system, so please include your Instagram name / Facebook link with your submission so that we may tag you.
- DO NOT rip any pages out of the book. Please leave the colored artwork(s) intact inside The Coloring Book Project, 2nd Edition book. If your piece is chosen as a winner, you will be required to mail the actual book with the colored page to us, so that it can be verified that it is not a photocopy. The book will be mailed back to you as soon as we are finished with the verification process.
- We are NOT accepting submissions for the "Draw Your Own Design" page like we did during the first contest. We will possibly turn that into a separate contest at a later time.
- Prizes are not transferable! Getting your artist buddy to try and win you a tattoo will not count.
- You are allowed to enter up to five colored pages to the contest, but it only takes one to win!
- Submission deadline is May 1st.
Ten Finalists will be selected by Memento Publishing and posted on Memento's social media pages. The final official four winners will be determined by “Likes" on Instagram and Facebook combined on the Memento Publishing pages only, in order of votes. Each "Like" is a vote! Don't wait till the last minute, we'll start posting some of them up as they come in!
Winners will be announced on May 8th.
Happy Coloring and Good Luck!